Running a restaurant is not easy. If you plan to keep your restaurant running, you need to not only depend on new customers but also to retain existing customers and keep them coming back. And the best way to do so is to invest in the right restaurant CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
What is a restaurant CRM system?
A restaurant CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system is a solution that allows your business to be smarter. It also helps you deliver a more personalized customer experience.
It is a technology you can use in your restaurant to collect, store, and manage information about your customers to:
- Collect and store information about your customers, including buying behavior, dietary restrictions, birthdays, and contact info.
- Stay in contact with your guests about important updates, events, etc.
- Send personalized promotions, discounts, and rewards according to their buying behavior and preferences.
CRM system is a tool that allows restaurants to create effective and targeted marketing campaigns and make better decisions about how they market their business, to whom, when, and for what reason.
How can a restaurant CRM system help drive you more revenues?
1. Collecting Customer Data Safely:
A restaurant CRM system can collect and store personal customer information like name, phone, email, address, birthday, anniversary, company, title, allergies, dietary restrictions and more. It properly organizes the information you have about your customers. It takes advantage of the data you collect through your point of sale system, loyalty program, and an online ordering system in a targeted, personalized manner.
This will centralize customer data in one location. Moreover, you will be able to build a detailed customer database including multiple data points such as sales history, visit history, preferences, and more.
Collecting data will help you in:
- Recommending dishes based on past preferences.
- Putting a candle in a dessert order when knowing a guest’s birthday is coming up.
- Delivering service to regular customers by their favorite server.
- Seating regular customers at their favorite table based on their preference for noise level, temperature and more.
2. Running Your Restaurant Loyalty Program:
Customer loyalty is a core element of your business. It provides a regular profit as loyal customers tend to return more often, and offer you a word-of-mouth marketing channel helping to build your restaurant’s reputation among your community.
When you invest in a restaurant CRM system, you can easily promote, manage, and grow your restaurant loyalty program. A restaurant CRM system helps you identify your highest spending and most loyal customers, the eating habits, the meal preferences, and the spending habit so that you can target them with personalized marketing campaigns.
When customers give payment, a restaurant CRM system allows them to sign up for your restaurant’s loyalty program. Consequently, when the loyalty program customers pay with their credit or debit card, the loyalty points will automatically be associated with their contact history in your restaurant CRM system among all branches you own, if any.
3. Creating Personalized Restaurant Marketing Campaigns:
Once your CRM system collects comprehensive, well-defined and well-structured data of your customers, it should be able to break down and analyze these data. This way, you can use your data to show who is buying what when and use these insights to do specified targeted marketing to retain old customers and to attract new ones.
For instance, you can use the data within your CRM system to make a list of all the customers who have ordered a particular dish. Then, you can use that list to drive attendance to a promotion event you may be hosting or to encourage visits if you’ve found you have excess inventory on hand.
Important Features to Consider When Evaluating a CRM System:
- It can improve marketing effectiveness by decreasing the cost to acquire a customer and increasing long-term customer value.
- It can respond to customer’s needs.
- It can integrate across multiple marketing channels.
- Time effective.
- It can enhance customer feedback about the food, experience, and value.
- You can easily export data from the system.
- The limit to the size of the database.
- The standard fields that come in the customer profile.
- The customization fields or tags for profiles.
- The integration with the restaurant reservation system so profiles can be leveraged in-service.
- The integration with the POS system so that purchase history can be recorded on each profile.
If you planning to invest in a restaurant CRM system, consider upgrading to the Lean Restaurant CRM system. It helps you understand your customers’ needs and preferences. Additionally, it gives great insights into customer demands and behavior and allows you to make informed decisions based on the data.